Colours & Fabrics of Nature: A Beginner’s Hands-On Exploration into Eco Dyes
Want to try out dyeing with nature's goodness but feel daunted by all the steps and the time it takes? Join us for a fun, hands-on workshop to learn how to start your dye journey at home with the power of the sun! During this 2 hour workshop, textile artist Agatha "Agy", will guide you step by step on how to prepare your solar dye to create your own beautifully dyed mini furoshiki handkerchief ready for you to wrap your bento box or carry your barang barang.
Once you learn this technique, you can start your dyeing at home!
Ticket price includes all materials. Limited early bird rates are available, so book your spot today!
EARLY BIRD: $108 (SOLD OUT)
FAST FOLLOWER: $110
BRING A FRIEND (2 tickets): $208
What will I learn?
We will teach you how to make your own solar natural dye.
- How to choose and prepare cloth for the solar natural dye
- How and where to source materials needed for natural dyeing
- How to keep your solar dye going when you reach home
- How to tie your newly coloured furoshiki handkerchief
All materials provided!
- one 16 x 16" handkerchief and one cotton pouch by GUILD for you to take home your project (ethically and lovingly crafted by a Singaporean disadvantaged stay-at-home mother who is working hard to raise funds for her child's education).
- a selection of dye materials depending on season.
What to expect?
In this 2 hour interactive session, expect a fun learning experience:
Relaxing, cosy and supportive environment
Minimum 5 pax to conduct the workshop. Max. 10 pax.
About the trainer
Agatha "Agy" is a textile artist who specialises in free motion embroidery and natural dyes, transforming textile waste into creative wearables and art. Agy's work looks at the public’s interaction with the environment, and questions how it can be improved. One of her long term projects is getting people to reevaluate their relationship with clothing, and transforming it into a positive one through upcycling, repair and dyeing. She holds workshops and talks on a regular basis.
About GUILDGUILD (Ground Up Innovation Labs for Development) aims to grow grounded innovators to unlock the world's creativity, rich heritage and collective wisdom from the ground up towards a more resilient, healthier yet co-creative future through nature, technology and community.
- The event description was updated. Diff#326428 2018-03-26 01:04:16
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM SGT
Early Bird (save $10) SOLD OUT $108.00 Standard $118.00 Bring a Friend (2 tickets) SOLD OUT $208.00 Fast Follower (save $8) SOLD OUT $110.00
- Venue Address
- High Street Singapore
Agy Textile Artist642 Followers